Background

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mudshake.. is no more... and thus I weep....

                   It isn't hard to see that I love color or funky decor. It runs in my blood.  My grandmother has a shabby chic apartment in real life, and my mother has her sea-shell-life-by-the-seashore meets kitschy 50's decor, and I had to be the one that loved color and went for suzani's, shells, 50's vintage, and birds.  So it's not surprising that this love for the funky kitsch colorful style translated into second life, and became an obsession once I realized there were creators that worked those color schemes and funky textures. Queue, Isolahara Cattaneo, and one of her small cabins and a mad neighbor that decided to use one of her builds, and there you have my first introduction to the funky side of second life.


               To be honest, when I came into second life I really wasn't thinking about fashion or decor,  I had enough of a shopping addiction to really want to deal with it in second life so I simply toured the sims, roleplayed a bit, and just gave up after a couple of months. That was back in 2007, when I had my blue haired leather look. Then, when I came back in 2008, I simply stayed roleplaying for about three months before I discovered Icing, and a couple of other vintage stores. That created an obsession with clothes. Around the middle of 2008, I realized that there were very well made furniture pieces. I got the itch, and eventually rented my first parcel. I made an elegant, and middle eastern house as you should be aware. The color scheme was neutrals and red, and it was very methodical and very pretty but it was just too impersonal.  Suddenly out of the blue a new neighbor popped in, and her chosen house was the Blue Frida house from Mudshake. I could hear the violins and the classical music play in my ears, as I fell in love with it. You might have also seen me prancing to it too.  Before long, I was constantly visiting the Mudshake store, and buying pieces here and there with the idea of creating a small beach house. Within a year, I had moved from the large, Dubai build to the small beach house with a funky cottage look. And I do admit that one of the biggest reasons for this change was the darn Frida house that was soo cute.   Thus, as an homage for one of my favorite builders in second life, I will post a couple of shots from a week ago on the sim, in what was and is my favorite Mudshake house.


I made this a collage with a couple of colorful real life images.


Mudshake at it's best...


Since I was simply just shopping,  I decided to just wear my simple capris and a nautical striped shirt under a blazer. It's crisp, and simple but has a romantic aspect to it with the addition of the floral flats and the necklace. The bag of course is my big one for those heavy shopping days.  

Skin: (FD) Bird Skin- Dust 4 (Freckles)
Hair: !Lamb, Frosti- Restaurant Ketchup
Shirt: C'est La Vie! Summer Border Tee (Border Red)
Pants: .:Vive 9:. Relaxed Chino
Jacket: Jane - My Maggie Jacket in Pewter
Necklace (Yummy) Classic Literature Necklace - Multiple (Collabor88)
Shoes: +Mocha+ Flower Flat (Gacha) C
Bag: Armidi (Previously Posted)


As for the funky textures. The one on the right upper corner is actually a rug that I bought from Urban Outfitters which is one of my favorite real life stores, and the second one on the bottom is actually a Swedish folk print, which has the colors of the room.

Mudshake unfortunately was closed this week. It was a great place to shop and take pictures and while it wasn't mesh or the most modern of furniture styles it was such a unique shop that I am already missing it as we speak.




1 comment:

  1. According to Stanford Medical, It's in fact the SINGLE reason this country's women get to live 10 years longer and weigh 19 KG less than us.

    (And realistically, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING to about "how" they are eating.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

    CLICK this link to find out if this brief questionnaire can help you find out your true weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete